Saturday, January 18, 2014

My first day on the job

What am I doing here?
I have tried so many times to set up a blog where I write long, meaningful posts and keep up with it while being some sort of inspiration to others in order to develop a sense of "Yes, look at you! Look at what you've done, Ava! GOLD STAR." Basically, I sucked at it so much that they all failed. Yes, I mean that I had many attempts. But at the moment, I have been able to keep up with my personal tumblr for about two years now, which is great, but she's not something I can call a true "blog", just a "tumblr". 

Here, I hope to fulfill what I had yet to during 2011. My ultimate goal for what this blog will become is a fashion, beauty, and music blog. The general gist is that it will be somewhat of an inspiration for style and attitude. 

About me:
A huge trigger for creating this blog has been my current internship, lasting the duration of this January (2014). I have been working at an outerwear company called Herman Kay which creates coats for many huge industries like Michael Kors, BCBG, Anne Klein, London Fog, Diane Von Furstenberg, and a few more which I can't remember. The people with whom I work with know well that I want to work in layout and copyright for fashion media/magazines, and strongly recommended I start a blog to aid in developing layout and ascetic skills while also keeping up with trends. 
I am in high school right now. It's shit.
One of my biggest influences and inspirations for starting my own blog is a role taken on my the perfect Tavi Gevinson. I have such an unbelievable amount of respect for that girl. The Style Rookie: Tavi Gevinson's blog
Something I am very interested is makeup, so you may be seeing videos or pictures of looks I have come up with, probably being followed by the inspiration for that look. 

As for posting, I will try to post at least once a week, probably on sundays. 

Have a lovely week, and I hope to talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment